Following their teasing habits for the past weeks, POCO (Xiaomi’s sub-brand) unveilled earlier today in India their most-awaited POCO X2 model, a new mid-range device in its own category. Remember it took them almost 2 years to launch a new phone – after they unveiled the POCO F1 back in August 2018, so it’s really interesting for us to see how they plan to “sell” it to the market.
The device is in fact the fully rebranded Redmi K30 4G model we saw back in December from Xiaomi, so not that much stuff remains unknown to us. It comes with a Snapdragon 730G SoC with up to 8GB of RAM, liquid cooling technology for all those of you out there who love mobile gaming, and runs on MIUI 11 based on Android 10 obviously. It’s most distictive characteristic is the Reality Flow LCD display (as POCOPHONE likes to call it), that boasts a 120Hz refresh rate along with a 4.25mm ultra-narrow bottom frame. It’s 6,67 inch large and comes with FullHD+ resolution, meaning that it will provide some decent stand by times. It also has Gorilla Glass 5 protection and a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for increased security.
A lot of you asked us info regarding the imaging specifications of the upcoming model and as you will see they appear to be really decent for its price. The POCO X2 packs 6 camera lenses in total: a quad camera setup on its back along with dual-punch-hole cameras in front. The main setup at the back consists of a Sony IMX686 64-megapixel 1/1.7″ sensor, along with an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel 2cm super macro and a 2-megapixel camera for portrait shots, all of them with RAW support, vlog feature for nice short vlogs and 960 fps slow-mo capture.
Gizchina News of the week
For those selfie lovers out there, it also comes with a 20MP+2MP dual selfie camera at the front side. The POCO X2 boasts a 4500 mAh camera with 27Watt fast charging feature and the nice thing is that you will find a fast charger in the box – for the starting price of 225$.
POCO X2 – Main Specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, HDR 10, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm, f/1.89 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with 1.12μm, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro sensor with 1.75μm, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30fps, 960 fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with 1.75μm pixel size for portrait
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1217 Linear Speaker, Qualcomm Aqstic WCD937x audio codec
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.3×76.6×8.79mm; Weight: 208g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), VoWiFi, Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 27W fast charging
Price and availability
POCO decided to launch the X2 model in 3 distinct color variants this time: Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple and Phoenix Red with a starting price of:
- Rs. 15,999 (225$) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version,
- Rs. 16,999 (242$) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version
- Rs. 19,999 (281$) for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version
It will be available in India from Flipkart and Mi.com starting from February 11. Soon it will go on sale in other countries as well.