Today we are seeing some controversy with the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip and the resistance of its screen. It’s the first to be protected by the flexible glass that had been announced so much. The controversy came as a result of the endurance test conducted by the JerryRigEverything YouTube channel, where we could see that the screen was permanently marked with extremely low hardness levels, as was already the case with the Samsung Galaxy Fold or any other folding phone.
Even in the presentation there was talk of protection against scratches and we have already seen that this is not the case. It also seems to improve the resistance of the screen to hundreds of thousands of folds but, in case it breaks, how much does it cost to repair the screen of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip?
How much does it cost to repair the screen of the Z Flip?
First of all, there is no information regarding the price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip-screen repair on its official website, just like the Galaxy Fold. Anyway, the leaker Ishan Agarwal has been able to get the prices of the repair of this screen in case we want to make the replacement of this component for the first time.
Yes, you read correctly, it is the price for the first replacement, which will be much cheaper than the second. If our Samsung Galaxy Z Flip screen is damaged and we want to replace it, we will have to pay a price of 9,936 India rupees ($139). It is a slightly lower price than we saw for the Samsung Galaxy Fold, which also appears in the table shared by Ishan. Therefore and based on the price of the normal repair of the Galaxy Fold screen, we can estimate that the following screen repairs of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip will be around $500.
— Ishan Agarwal (@ishanagarwal24) February 17, 2020
Gizchina News of the week
To get an idea, in the official Samsung technical service, changing the screen of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ costs $249. Therefore, this makes it clear to us how expensive it is to change the screen of a foldable phone, probably not only for the price of the component itself, but also for the labor force, since they have a much more complex interior than normal phones.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download. LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold