Google-backed company, Mobvoi, which is responsible for the TicWatch brand, recently announced an upgrade to its flagship TicWatch Pro smartwatch. The new model has a larger memory and complies with military standard 810G. This gives the smartwatch better durability in some usage scenarios. This new smartwatch dubbed TicWatch Pro 2020 will be available in the US on Amazon and Mobvoi’s official websites for $260in early March. However, it is already available in the UK for £223 from Mobvoi’s online store.
TicWatch Pro 2020 comes with 1GB of RAM, this is not really special in today’s smartwatch industry. The structure of this smartwatch can withstand extreme temperature, vibration, dust, and water (1.5m depth for 30 minutes). According to the company, this device remains in good condition at temperatures between -4° ~ 131° F. For normal operation, the protection grade is IP68 water and dustproof.
Gizchina News of the week
The TicWatch Pro 2020 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor with 4GB of internal storage. It has a built-in Google Wear operating system, supports GPS, Bluetooth/Wi-Fi connections, and NFC (Near Field Communication) for Google Pay.
Furthermore, the TicWatch Pro 2020 uses a 1.39-inch AMOLED display (with a resolution of 400 x 400 pixels) and a secondary FSTN LCD display. With dual display technology, TicWatch Pro 2020’s 415 mAh battery can provide up to 30 days of continuous use. After selecting the smart watch’s power-saving mode, you can extend the battery life, but the notification, GPS and other functions will be turned off.
TicWatch Pro 2020 Specifications
- Operating System – Wear OS by Google™
- Dimensions – D45mm x 12.6mm
- Display – 1.39” AMOLED 400 x 400 + FSTN display
- Chipset – Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 2100
- Memory – RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 4GB
- GPS – GPS / AGPS
- NFC payments – Google Pay™
- Connectivity – Bluetooth: 4.2 / Wi-Fi: 802.11bgn 2.4GHz
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Gyro, Magnetic Sensor, PPG Heart Rate Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Low Latency Off-Body Sensor
- Battery and Charging – Capacity：415mAH Charging method: Dock with a USB cable
- Battery Life – Smart Mode: 2 days; Essential Mode: 30 days; Mixed usage: between 2-30 days
- Water and Dust Resistance – IP68Military Standard 810G (Withstands temperature shock of between -30℃ to 70, operational between -20℃ to 55, 57kpa pressure, 44℃ solar radiation, 95% humidity, salt fog, sand and dust, shock)