How much it costs to make the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G? In China, the company asks $573 for it, and the price tag for the top version reaches $673. After the announcement of the flagship, a wave of indignation swept through the network about rising prices, because the new top-end smartphones are about $140 more expensive than their predecessors.
For its part, the company began to convince that the price tags were set adequately, many simply did not pay attention to the improvements that were suggested, which affects the increase in prices because of the used components.
What it Costs to Make the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G
The Techinsights website has made a teardown for the Xiaomi Mi 10 5G with 12/256 GB of memory in order to calculate the estimated cost of components. This type of operations are carried out usually for the flagships of Apple and Samsung, in order to find out the degree of greed of these companies. But the increase in prices for Xiaomi Mi 10 made us take a closer look at the cost of those components that were used here.
According to Techinsights, the manufacturing cost of the Xiaomi Mi 10 is $440. For comparison, the cost of the iPhone 11 Pro Max with 512 GB of ROM was $490.50, and in the United States it sold for $1,184.
When calculating the total cost of the device, of course, the expenses for its development, promotion, taxes and other expenses were not taken into account. Therefore, you should not think that when selling Xiaomi Mi 10 in China for $670, the company puts $230 in its pocket. It seems that Xiaomi do not make a lot of money from flagship sales and its margin is much more modest than other manufacturers.
Xiaomi Mi10 / Mi10 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness. 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM. With 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash. 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait. 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom. OIS, 20MP 117° (13MP 123° in Mi 10) ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- Mi 10— 4780mAh battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
- Mi 10 Pro — 4500mAh battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging