Microsoft just announced all the specifications of the Xbox Series X. The new game console comes with a 1TB custom NVMe SSD, and the game loading speed significantly improves. In addition, the company also announced the Xbox Series X controller. Xbox senior designer, Ryan Whitaker, said that the new controller will improve the comfort of “hundreds of millions” players. It is more suitable for small hands while also improving the smoothness of the keys.
As shown above, the new D-pad cross button is similar to the design of the elite handle. The groove is deeper, and the thumb can be better controlled. The interface of the new controller is upgraded to USB-C and will support the Xbox One series of consoles, as well as PC, Android and iOS devices. The new controller also remembers the device it’s connected to for easier switching. Furthermore, it uses low-power Bluetooth technology. Microsoft has not revealed the price of this upcoming Xbox wireless controller, which is expected to be bundled with the new game console.
HERE ARE THE FULL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE MICROSOFT XBOX SERIES X:
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz under Hyper-Threading)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPS, 52CU @ 1.825 GHz
- Die size: 360.45 mm 2
- CPU Build Process: 7nm enhanced version process
- Memory / video memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560GB / s, 6GB @ 336GB / s
- Storage: 1TB custom NVME SSD
- I / O throughput: 2.4 GB / s (Raw), 4.8 GB / s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: 1 TB expansion card
- External storage: USB 3.2 external hard disk support
- Optical Drive: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance target: 4K @ 60 frames / second, up to 120 frames / second
- Dimension: 15.1 cm x 15.1 cm x 30.1 cm
- Weight: 4.45kg/9.8lbs
- Total Volume: 6.86 litres
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expandable storage slot, power input
The Xbox Series X has a dimension of 151 mm x 151 mm x 301 mm. With this dimension, the Xbox Series X is larger and heavier than the Xbox One X. Furthermore, this device also comes with a whisper-quiet fan that ensures that your game will not be a disturbance. In addition, the parallel cooling architecture divides the airflow into multiples to ensure that your host does not overheat.