Last week, Huawei held a global online conference and officially released this year’s new flagship P40 series, including Huawei P40, P40 Pro and Huawei P40 Pro+ models. Although the P40 and P40 Pro will not be officially released and sold until April 7th, many media have already got the evaluation unit for the first time.
The Chinese XYZone website has taken the lead in releasing the disassembly video of the Huawei P40 Pro on Weibo. The core components of the P40 Pro are mainly From China (mainly Huawei HiSilicon’s self-developed chips), Taiwan, South Korea and Japan. However, products from American companies such as Skyworks, Qorvo, and Qualcomm are still available in the new devices.
Subsequently, the British Financial Times also published a review article accordingly, stating that “While Huawei is included in the US blacklist, Huawei’s P40 mobile phone series still contains American parts.”
Here are the different components used in the new Huawei P40 Pro and in the previous P30 phone with the manufacturer of each component:
Regarding the camera department, the cost of the rear camera module of the P40 Pro is very high. Richard Yu, Huawei Consumer Business CEO has previously revealed that the cost of the rear camera module of the P40 is more than $100. Obviously, the cost of the rear camera module of the P40 Pro is higher.
Gizchina News of the week
HUAWEI P40 Pro and P40 Pro+ specifications
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with NM card
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM (nano SIM + eSIM)
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS. 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture. 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom. ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash. 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS. 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture. 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Camera for pro bokeh, Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm; Weight: 209g
- P40 Pro+ Dimensions: 158.2×72.6x9mm; Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge