As expected, the Chinese giant Oppo has announced the release of the Oppo A92s smartphone, the company’s new mid-range 5G phone in China. It is equipped with a 6.57-inch FHD + LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate, a perforating screen with two selfie cameras including a 16 megapixel Sony IMX471 camera as well as a depth sensor of 2 megapixels.
The phone runs a 7nm Octa-Core MediaTek Dimensity 800 processor, with integrated 5G (SA/NSA) networks under 6 GHz. It has a quadruple rear camera including a Sony IMX586 48MP main rear camera. In addition to an ultra-wide-angle 8-megapixel lens, macro and depth sensors of 2 megapixels. It has a 3D glass back, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a 4000 mAh battery with a fast charge of 18W.
The Oppo A92s 5G is available in black and white, at the price of 2199 yuan (about $310) for the version 6 GB of RAM + 128 GB of storage. The 8 GB of RAM + 128 GB of storage version costs 2,499 yuan (about $353). It is now available to order and will be on sale in China from April 29 in black or white colors.
OPPO A92s 5G specifications
- 6.57-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (4 x 2GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800 (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7.1
- Dual SIM
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash. 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 2MP macro lens, 2MP portrait lens
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 2MP depth sensor
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.5×8.1mm; Weight: 184g
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 5G (SA/ NSA) / Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
The phone with this price, alongside the 120Hz screen and the 5G support will be a great competitor in the mid-range segment.