Huawei has been caught cheating again. The company describes a photo taken with a full-size DSLR as a photo with the new Huawei P40 Pro.
Huawei has been one of the top smartphone manufacturers with the best cameras for years. The cooperation with the German company Leica established many years ago brings results. Since 2017, Samsung and Apple have a considerable problem not to outperform, but to catch up with Huawei in mobile photography.
Last year’s P30 Pro was the camera smartphone of the year, and the P40 Pro has great predispositions to beat Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. In addition, the Korean manufacturer has recently been struggling with problems related to the camera software in its flagship smartphones.
Huawei uses photos from a DSLR camera to promote their smartphones
However, recently, the Chinese manufacturer has described its advertising photos taken with a DSLR as photos from the Huawei P40 Pro.
The Chinese manufacturer has created a new photo competition on the Weibo platform. The company posted a video with many photos claiming that they were all made using smartphones from the company. Unfortunately, it quickly turned out that one of the photos was taken with a high-class SLR camera – Nikon D850.
It turns out that one of Weibo’s users – Jamie-hua found out that the photo used in the film exists on the 500px photo portal. The photo was taken by Su Tie using a Nikon D850.
Huawei reacted quickly to information. The company apologized for its mistake and reported that one of the editors had incorrectly marked the photos in the promotional video as “taken with Huawei smartphones”. By the way, the giant thanked the user for his vigilance and attention.
Everything indicates that the company was counting on the fact that users will not realize that the photographs were actually taken with a high-class DSLR camera.
This is not the first time that Huawei announces that the photo from the DSLR camera was taken with the flagship smartphone. The same situation took place a year ago during the launch of the P30 Pro.
HUAWEI P40 PRO AND P40 PRO+ SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM
- P40 Pro – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS. 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture. 12MP RYYB periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS. 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture. 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, IR Depth / Gesture Camera for pro bokeh, Face unlock, 4k video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- P40 Pro Dimensions: 158.2×72.6×8.95mm; Weight: 209g
- P40 Pro+ Dimensions: 158.2×72.6x9mm; Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge