Apple has delayed the production of next-generation flagship iPhone smartphones by about a month as the coronavirus pandemic weakened global consumer demand and halted production in Asia. This was reported by the Wall Street Journal, citing informants familiar with the issue.
Apple delays the mass production of 2020 flagship iPhones
Allegedly, Apple plans to release four new iPhone models later this year. The new models will support 5G networks.
In March, Nikkei announced Apple’s intention to delay the release of the first 5G-enabled iPhone smartphones. Confirming this information, the Wall Street Journal adds that Apple has reduced its planned output for the second half by 20%.
Apple is forging ahead with plans to release four new iPhone models later this year, the report added citing sources.
It is worth to mention that Recently, Apple introduced the second generation of the iPhone SE, which has the same design as the iPhone 8, but with a better camera and one of the company’s most powerful processors: A13 Bionic.
The company is counting on the new phone to raise the company’s sales until the release of the new phones in September, especially given the low price that the new phone is available at, and this is a reminder of its technical specifications:
- 4.7-inch (1334 x 750 pixels) IPS 326 ppi display, 1400:1 contrast ratio, 625 cd/m2 max brightness
- Six-core A13 Bionic 64-bit processor, 8-core Neural Engine
- 64GB, 128GB and 256GB storage options
- 3GB of RAM
- iOS 13
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Water and dust resistant (IP67)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) camera, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- TouchID Fingerprint sensor
- Built‑in stereo speaker
- 1,821mAh battery
- Dimensions: 138.4x 67.3×7.3mm; Weight:148g
- Gigabit-class 4G LTE up to 1.6Gbps, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Up to 13 hours video playback, Qi wireless charging, 18W fast charging (5w charger in the box)