Microsoft will release its latest gaming console, Xbox Series X, towards the end of the year. As of now, most of the features of this console (especially hardware) are official. However, there are still a couple of things that we do not know about this console. The coronavirus pandemic has affected the schedule of many technology products. Will Microsoft’s latest Xbox Series X game console be affected by this? Xbox head Phil Spencer said in an interview with CNBC that the Xbox Series X console should be delivered on time.
“Overall, I think we will meet our expectations.” Spencer said in an interview, “I want to say that what we don’t know probably relates to game production. After all, game production is a big project that requires hundreds of thousands of people. Thus, it is more likely that some games may delay”
At present, “Halo: Infinite” is still the only known game to land on Xbox Series X later this year. However, there are reports that Xbox will soon demonstrate a series of new games on the Xbox Series X platform.
Hardware specification of the Microsoft Xbox Series X
- CPU: 8 cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz under Hyper-Threading)
- GPU: 12 TFLOPS, 52CU @ 1.825 GHz
- Die size: 360.45 mm 2
- CPU Build Process: 7nm enhanced version process
- Memory / video memory: 16GB GDDR6
- Bandwidth: 10GB @ 560GB / s, 6GB @ 336GB / s
- Storage: 1TB custom NVME SSD
- I / O throughput: 2.4 GB / s (Raw), 4.8 GB / s (compressed)
- Expandable storage: 1 TB expansion card
- External storage: USB 3.2 external hard disk support
- Optical Drive: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Drive
- Performance target: 4K @ 60 frames / second, up to 120 frames / second
- Dimension: 15.1 cm x 15.1 cm x 30.1 cm
- Weight: 4.45kg/9.8lbs
- Total Volume: 6.86 litres
- Ports: HDMI 2.1 output, 3x USB 3.2, networking port, expandable storage slot, power input
As of now, there is no authentic information regarding the price of this console. However, the company says its price will be competitive and flexible.