LG has announced a smartphone called LG Q61, which received the design of last year’s flagship when looking at the camera unit. In front, the wide bezels of the screen indicate that the device belongs to the category of inexpensive smartphones, although you can’t call it cheap at a price of $300.
Let’s understand what the LG Q61 offers customers for the money. The smartphone received a 6.5-inch IPS LCD panel with a hole for the front camera in the upper left corner of the screen. The screen resolution is Full HD + with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9.
The heart of the smartphone is MediaTek Helio P35, a rather modest platform in terms of capabilities, offering users only 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of memory. A microSD card slot is provided.
The front camera here is 16-megapixel, and in the main camera there are as many as four camera sensors, including the 48-megapixel main sensor. The wide-angle camera has a resolution of 8 megapixels, the depth sensor in this case is 5 megapixel. Additionally we have a 2-megapixel camera for macro photography.
Gizchina News of the week
The battery capacity is 4000 mAh while the fingerprint sensor is located on the rear panel. There is a button on the case to launch the Google Assistant. The phone is equipped with a 3.5 mm jack and supports DTS: X 3D Surround technology. Also included are Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS and a USB-C connector. Such a high price for potential buyers can partially be explained by the support of the military standard MIL-STD 810G. The phone has received a shockproof case and screen protection, which allows it to easily survive falls from a small height onto a hard surface.
The smartphone goes on sale May 29 in South Korea in a single white color at KRW 369,600 ($300).
LG Q61 specifications
- 6.5-inch 19.5:9 (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) 12nm Processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 10
- 48MP rear camera, 8MP Ultra-wide sensor, 2MP macro sensor, 5MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- 16MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS:X 3D Surround
- Rear fingerprint sensor, Google Assistant Button
- MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- Dimensions: 164.5 x 77.5 x 8.4mm; Weight: 191g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh built-in battery