Back in April, Huawei unveiled its H1 2020 flagships in the form of Huawei P40, P40 Pro, and the ultra-premium Huawei P40 Pro+. An entire month has passed and the most expensive variant is yet to reach the market. Now, a new report reveals that the time is finally coming for those waiting for the P40 Pro+ will finally be able to pre-order the phone on June 1.
The actual sales will start on June 6 and the 8GB RAM with 256GB of storage will be priced at CNY 7,988 (~$1,119 / €1,020). The most high-end version with 8GB of RAM and 512GB of storage will set you back CNY 8,888 (~$1.245 / €1,140). It’s truly an expensive smartphone, but what makes it better than the Huawei P40 Pro?
The new Pro Plus variant has an improved camera department. It has an 8MP 240mm equivalent periscope lens offering up to 10x zoom. It’s twice what the P40 Pro offers with its 12MP 125mm 5x periscope zoom lens. Moreover, the Huawei P40 Pro+ also has support for up to 40W wireless charging. The “vanilla Pro” only offers up to 27W wireless charged.
HUAWEI P40 PRO AND P40 PRO+ SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.58-inch (2640 x 1200 pixels) Flex OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 HDR
- HUAWEI Kirin 990 5G (2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.86 GHz + 2 x Cortex-A76 Based 2.36 GHz + 4 x Cortex-A55 1.95 GHz) processor with ARM Mali-G76MP16 GPU, Dual Big Core + Tiny Core NPUs(Neural-network Processing Unit)
- 8GB RAM with 256GB / 512GB storage
- Android 10 with EMUI 10.1
- Dual SIM
- P40 Pro+ – 50MP RYYB Ultra Vision camera with f/1.9 aperture, OIS, 40MP ultra-wide cine camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/4.4 aperture, OIS, 10x optical zoom, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, 3x optical zoom, ToF camera for depth sensing, 20x Hybrid Zoom, 100x Max Zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4k video recording at 60fps, ISO 51200 and 7680fps Ultra Slow-Motion video capture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Water, dust resistant (IP68)
- 158.2×72.6x9mm; Weight: 226g
- USB Type-C Audio
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 dual band), NavIC, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4200mAh battery with 40W SuperCharge, 27W / 40W (Pro+) Wireless HUAWEI SuperCharge
Huawei MatePad Pro 5G will go on sale in China on May 27
In related news, Huawei’s latest 5G ready tablet, the MatePad Pro 5G will go on sale in China on May 27 – tomorrow. The slate comes with a 10.8-inch IPS LCD with 2560 x 1600 pixels of resolution. Under the hood it’s powered by the Kirin 990 SoC. The MatePad Pro draws power from a 7,250mAh battery with 40W wired and 27W wireless charging. It offers support for Huawei’s M-Pencil stylus.