A few years ago, we wouldn’t consider Oppo as a company that cares about updating its smartphones. However, the situation is pretty much different right now with the company giving a new level of importance to its ColorOS 7 skin. We believe that much of this change is due to the success of the Realme brand which is characterized by good software support. Back in the last year, Oppo announced the Android 10-based ColorOS 7 along with the promise of updating several of its smartphones. Now, the company is extending the Android 10 update to the Oppo F9 and Oppo F9 Pro.
The company already rolled out stable ColorOS 7 updates to a plethora of smartphones. The list of devices running Android 10 already has the Oppo Find X, Reno 10X, Reno, Reno 2, and more. Back then, the company promised to roll out the Android 10-based ColorOS update for the Oppo F9 and F9 Pro until June 10th. We reached that date and Oppo are honoring its promise.
The company states that the update is rolling out in batches. In other words, just a few users should receive the OTA update today. The company will gradually expand the update to more users in the coming weeks. If you’re unaware, ColorOS 7 brings significant changes from the previous ColorOS iterations. It has a cleaner and lightweight interface with a plethora of new features. Among the new goodies, users will find a system-wide dark mode, new navigation gestures, new Digital Wellbeing with Focus Mode, revamped Camera UI, updated System Apps, and a lot more.
If you want to try your luck with the update, you can head to Settings >> Software Update menu. You can check the full changelog for this update below:
ColorOS 7.0 Android 10 update for the Oppo F9 /F9 Pro changelog:
- The brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
- Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
- Optimized user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
- Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
- Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
- Optimized the Floating Window feature for more apps.
- Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
- Optimized 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
- Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
- Optimized screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release it to share it, or drag it down and release it to take a long screenshot.
Navigation Gestures 3.0:
- New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
- Optimized gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
- Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
- Added all new charging animation.
- Optimized the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
- Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
- Added a pause function for screen recording.
- Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
- New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
- Optimized system pre-loaded ringtones.
- Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
- Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
- New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
- Optimized visual interaction for Game Space.
- Optimized the startup animation for Game Space.
- More live wallpapers.
- Added Art+ static wallpapers.
- Customize whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
- Customize the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
- Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
- Optimized the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
- Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
- More screen-off clock styles.
- Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
- In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
- Trim feature in Recordings.
- Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
- Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
- Optimized the Camera UI for a better user experience.
- Optimized the Timer UI and sound.
- Optimized the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
- Added Album Recommendations that recognizes more than 80 different scenes.
- OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
- Optimized the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
- Search Settings now supports a fuzzy match and contains a search history.
- Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
- Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
The company will also roll out this Android 10 update for the Oppo A5 (2020), A9 (2020), and F7 this month. Meanwhile, the F15 and R15 Pro will get their updates in July.