An update to One UI 2.1 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. With this, functions of the current top model Galaxy S20 also find their way onto the two-year-old smartphones.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus started receiving One UI 2.1 update
Samsung has released a new software update for the models S9 and S9 Plus, as users report in the forum of Android help. The update includes the new user interface One UI 2.1. Features of the S20 series are also included in the update. These include the camera modes “Pro Video” and “Single Take”. The Android version remains Android 10.
The update is around 1.1 gigabytes in size and can already be installed in some countries. We recommend using a WiFi connection when installing. The update includes the “Single Take” mode, which allows you to take up to 10 photos and 4 videos at once by clicking the shutter button. You can choose the best right away and make it even more beautiful with your own filter.
The “pro video” mode allows you to fine-tune specific settings of the camera when recording video. This includes the shutter speed and exposure time as well as the sensitivity of the image sensor (ISO).
The update also bring the Smart gallery function. After taking the perfect picture, you can look forward to an organized gallery, because similar photos are now sorted into groups. You can also search for images by time or location.
The update also introduces the Quick Share function. With this, files, photos and documents can be easily shared from one Samsung device to another, provided that a Bluetooth connection is available. With the “Music Share” function you can share an existing connection of your smartphone with a Bluetooth device for your friends. Your connection will not be disconnected.
The software update is also intended to improve system stability and fix bugs.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ specifications
- S9 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 570ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S9+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity display with 529ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 9810 processor with Mali G72MP18 GPU
- S9 – 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- S9+ – 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB/256GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- S9 – 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, 960fps super slo-mo
- S9+ – 12MP primary rear camera with f/2.4-f/1.5 variable aperture, LED Flash, 960fps super slo-mo, 12MP secondary rear camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP auto focus front-facing camera with wide-angle lens, f/1.7 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- S9 Dimensions: 147.7mm x 68.7mm x 8.5mm; Weight: 163g
- S9+ Dimensions: 158.1mm x 73.8mm x 8.5mm; Weight: 189g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- S9 – 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S9+ – 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging