Samsung Health App for the Galaxy Watch Active 2 was not expected to appear until the third quarter of this year. However, Samsung has clearly accelerated its work, because their application is already available to residents of Korea. Unfortunately, but now only for them, which does not mean that it will always be so. The rest of the world just has to wait for it.
Blood pressure monitoring arrives on the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
In April, Samsung received permission in South Korea to allow its smartwatches Galaxy Watch Active 2 to use the ECG function. Earlier it was announced that the device would measure blood pressure and now this second part of the promise has been fulfilled. ECG itself is expected to appear in Korea in the third quarter of this year, but people who already have Watch Active 2 can check their blood pressure there. However, this requires proper calibration of the device itself and doing it regularly.
The Samsung Health App must be installed on the smartwatch and smartphone (from Android 7.0 and up), and the calibration process itself requires a pressure gauge. This procedure should be repeated regularly to have results similar to real. The watch and the app itself, of course, do not guarantee that the results will be as they are in reality, but they can give you an overview. Nothing replaces a visit to the doctor, which applies also for every watch offering similar solutions. The Samsung Health App is available on the Galaxy Watch Active 2, but will not appear on earlier generations of the device. Only upcoming devices can count on the presence of the application.
You can see that Samsung is serious about the health of its customers. The ability to measure blood pressure and ECG can be one of the elements that will “sell” smartwatches. Now we can only wait for the application to appear in other regions of the world. We remind you that the premiere of Galaxy Watch 3 is also approaching, so its users will probably also be able to use the application.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 4G specifications
- 1.4-inch (360 x 360 pixels) Super AMOLED, full color Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass DX+ protection
- Exynos 9110 Dual-core 1.15 GHz processor
- 1.5GB RAM, 4GB Internal Memory
- Tizen-based Wearable OS, compatible with Android 5.0 or above with more than 1.5GB RAM (Samsung/Non-Samsung). And iPhone 5 and above running iOS 9.0 or above.
- Heart Rate Monitoring (with 8 Photodiodes), Electrocardiogram (ECG), Accelerometer (measure up to 32g of force), Gyroscope, Barometer, Ambient Light
- 5ATM + IP68 water resistance, MIL-STD-810G certified for durability
- Dimensions: 44 x 44 x 10.9 mm; Weight: 30g (Aluminum) / 42g (Stainless Steel 44mm)
- e-SIM, 4G LTE B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B7, B8, B12, B13, B20, and B66
- LTE function is compatibility only for Samsung smartphones
- Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, A-GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou
- 340mAh battery with WPC-based wireless charging