Samsung is preparing to release a 5G-version of the foldable Galaxy Z Flip smartphone. Initially, it was assumed that the smartphone will differ from the usual model only in support of the fifth-generation networks, but it turned out that this is not so.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G running Snapdragon 865 SoC spotted on Geekbench
The upcoming smartphone was noticed in the Geekbench performance test database with the model number SM-F707B. The device, according to the leak, runs on an eight-core Qualcomm processor, code-named Kona. It matches the flagship Snapdragon 865 chip. The test results also hint at this. For comparison, the regular version of the Galaxy Z Flip runs on last year’s Snapdragon 855+ SoC.
All other specifications of the new model should remain the same. Recall, this the smartphone has a flexible Infinity-O display at 6.7 inches with a resolution of FHD+ and an aspect ratio of 22:9, a 3300mAh battery with support for fast charging at 15W and wireless at 9W, a dual camera at 12 MP + 12 MP, Bluetooth 5.0, as well as NFC.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G will cost about 1,500 US dollars. It will be shown in July along with Galaxy Buds Live TWS-headphones (aka Galaxy Buds X) and Galaxy Watch 3, or in August during the announcement of the Galaxy Note 20 series.
Here are the full specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip original model:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold