Samsung is preparing to release a 5G-version of the foldable Galaxy Z Flip smartphone. Initially, it was assumed that the smartphone will differ from the usual model only in support of the fifth-generation networks, but it turned out that this is not so.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G running Snapdragon 865 SoC spotted on Geekbench
The upcoming smartphone was noticed in the Geekbench performance test database with the model number SM-F707B. The device, according to the leak, runs on an eight-core Qualcomm processor, code-named Kona. It matches the flagship Snapdragon 865 chip. The test results also hint at this. For comparison, the regular version of the Galaxy Z Flip runs on last year’s Snapdragon 855+ SoC.
All other specifications of the new model should remain the same. Recall, this the smartphone has a flexible Infinity-O display at 6.7 inches with a resolution of FHD+ and an aspect ratio of 22:9, a 3300mAh battery with support for fast charging at 15W and wireless at 9W, a dual camera at 12 MP + 12 MP, Bluetooth 5.0, as well as NFC.
Galaxy Z Flip 5G will cost about 1,500 US dollars. It will be shown in July along with Galaxy Buds Live TWS-headphones (aka Galaxy Buds X) and Galaxy Watch 3, or in August during the announcement of the Galaxy Note 20 series.
Gizchina News of the week
Here are the full specifications of the Galaxy Z Flip original model:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold