Xiaomi has yesterday released an improved version of the previously announced Redmi 9 smartphone in China. However, contrary to rumors, the announcement of Redmi 9A did not take place.
Nevertheless, the presentation of the new product is expected in the very near future, which is confirmed by the fact that the device appeared in the databases of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Chinese regulator 3C.
The first details of the upcoming Redmi 9A smartphone appeared
The Chinese department confirms that the smartphone passes under the model number M2006C3LC and will come with an MDY-09-EK charger, which is characterized by a power of only 10 watts. It is worth noting that the same charger comes with the Redmi 8A, but the smartphone itself supports 18-watt charging. Therefore, Redmi 9A should support fast charging with a power of at least 18 watts.
Earlier it was reported that Redmi 9A will be built on the basis of a MediaTek Helio G35 SoC. It is expected that the smartphone will receive a 6.53-inch IPS screen with HD+ resolution, a 5000 mAh battery and 3 GB of RAM alongside 32 GB of flash memory.
Redmi 9A should get the main single camera with a camera sensor with a resolution of 13 megapixels, as well as a 5-megapixel front camera. It is expected to have 3.5 mm headphone jack and USB-C, as well as an infrared port for controlling household appliances.
The price of the upcoming smartphone can range from 100 to 120 dollars for the base version. In addition, we expect it to launch later next month and to be available worldwide as its predecessors. Also, with this price, it will be one of the best entry-level smartphones.
Gizchina News of the week
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the previous-gen Redmi 8A:
Redmi 8A specifications
- 6.22-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with 70.8% NTSC color gamut, 15001 contrast ratio, 270 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (Quad 1.95GHz Cortex A53 + Quad 1.45GHz Cortex A53) Snapdragon 439 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, Dual PD autofocus
- 8MP front-facing camera with, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12µm pixel size
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Wireless FM Radio
- Dimensions: 156.48×75.41×9.4mm; Weight: 188g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging