On August 5, Samsung will show the Galaxy Z Flip 5G along with the Galaxy Note 20 smartphones. This will not be a new model, but only a new version of the current one. Judging by the latest data from the TENAA database, no design changes are expected.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G design and specs revealed on TENAA
Also, the dimensions will not change – 167.3 x 73.6 x 7.2 mm with a weight of 183g. The smartphone will still have a small external screen with a diagonal of just over an inch. Cameras with a resolution of 12 megapixels will also remain in place.
Probably the only difference is the platform. TENAA talks about eight cores processor with a frequency of 3.09 GHz, that is, it seems that the new product will receive Snapdragon 865+. The amount of RAM and storage memory will not change – 8 and 256 GB, respectively.
So, we are waiting for only a slightly updated model with a new SoC that supports 5G networks. How much such a model will cost is unclear. On the one hand, the Snapdragon 865+ is more expensive than the Snapdragon 855, on the other hand, the Samsung margin on this device should initially have been rather big, so the company may not raise the prices.
Here is a reminder of the specifications of the original Galaxy Z Flip:
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels) 21.5:9 Dynamic AMOLED Infinity Flex display, external/cover 1.1-inch (300 x 112 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- SoC: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.95 GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.41GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.78GHz Kryo 485) with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 256GB storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP f/2.4
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Hall sensor (digital, analog), Proximity sensor, RGB Light sensor, and Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou; Enhanced 2X2 MIMO, 5CA, LTE Cat.16 Up to 1.0Gbps Download, LTE Cat.13 Up to 150Mbps Upload, Up to 1.0Gbps Download / Up to 150Mbps Upload
- SIM: Nano-SIM + eSIM
- Security: Samsung Knox, secure folder, facial recognition
- Dimensions: Folded: 73.6 x 87.4 x 17.3 mm (Hinge) – 15.4mm (Sagging), Unfolded: 73.6 x 167.3 x 7.2 mm – 6.9mm (Screen); Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with 15w fast charging, 9w Qi wireless charging
- Colors: Mirror Black, Mirror Purple, and Mirror Gold