Back in February, Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, announced the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G flagship smartphone. This smartphone comes with top-notch quad-rear camera setup. It even uses the flagship 108MP sensor. However, its recent assessment of its selfie camera by DxOMark is disappointing. According to DxOMark, the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro scores 83 points on its selfie evaluation. This places the smartphone in the middle of its ranking table. It is actually on the same level as “mid-rangers like the Samsung Galaxy A71”.
The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro comes with a 20MP 1/3-inch sensor with 0.9µm pixels, fixed -focus, and f/2.0-aperture lens. It also supports 1080p/30fps video recording. This smartphone is capable of capturing decent selfie shots. However, its limited dynamic range will produce high-light cut textures in high-contrast scenes. Here is DxOMark’s conclusion
“The Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro is one of the best devices we have tested for rear camera quality, but unfortunately, the selfie camera cannot quite keep up. It will do the job for anyone who wants to post the occasional selfie shot or video on social media and who isn’t too concerned about the lack of dynamic range or the ineffective stabilization system. However, if you are a vlogger or simply want high-quality front camera images and videos, better alternatives are available in the Xiaomi’s price bracket”.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash, 12MP 1/2.6-inch 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8MP telephoto lens for 10x hybrid zoom and 50x digital zoom, 5x optical zoom, OIS, 20MP 117° ultra-wide angle lens, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP 1/3-inch sensor with 0.9µm pixels, fixed-focus, f/2.0-aperture lens. 1080p/30fps video
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh (Typical) / 4400mAh (Minimum) battery with 50W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired, 30W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging