As the market of smart wearables and fitness trackers is getting more competitive by the days with more and more companies joining the segment, it’s natural to see established companies increasing efforts to make users stick with them. One of the companies that already have a long story in this industry is Fitbit. One of the company’s most recent fitness trackers the Fitbit Charge 4 is just getting a new software update that introduces new features. With newcomers joining this segment, we can understand why Fitbit wants to keep its user base by providing timely updates with new software features. Worth noting that the company’s wearable runs custom software.
Today the company is rolling out a new software update for the Charge 4 Fitness. It comes to introduce some useful features. The first new feature is Dynamic GPS. It allows your Fitbit Charge 4 to use the paired smartphone’s GPS sensor if it’s nearby to capture route and pace among other stats. This will help you to conserve battery on Charge 4 since it won’t use its built-in GPS when you are carrying your phone with you. The second feature is Smart Wake in the Alarms app which avoids waking you during sleep and finds the best time 30 minutes before the set alarm time to wake you up.
The software update also introduces a new Screen Time Out setting. It allows users to adjust how long the display of the Charge 4 remains on after it’s woken up. For more details about this software update, you can check the changelog below:
Fitbit Charge 4 update changelog
- Elevate your workouts with Dynamic GPS mode on Charge 4. If your phone is nearby, Charge 4 uses the GPS sensors on your phone to capture your route, pace, and more. If you don’t take your phone, Charge 4 uses a built-in GPS.
- Manage new GPS settings on Charge 4 to preserve your device’s battery life or to enhance GPS performance.
- Set alarms with Smart Wake in the Alarms app.
- Adjust how long your screen stays on with the new Screen Time Out setting.
- See the date that you activated your device in the Settings app.
- This release includes a couple of bug fixes and performance improvements.
The new firmware sports version number 1.96.29. Users can download it straight from the Fitbit application available for Android and iOS.