Asus unveiled today a new smartphone from its Republic of Gamers ranges today dubbed Asus ROG Phone 3. The device still is free, but DxOMark’s Audio already reviewed the device’s audio performance. The platform is well known for its camera review, but apparently, the image review isn’t ready yet. However, if you care for having a good audio performance in a smartphone, then you’ll be glad to know that the new gaming phone ranks second with an amazing audio performance.
DxOMark rate the ROG Phone 3 high with a score of 75. The device is only outperformed by the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. The test involved measuring the performance in terms of recording with its built-in microphones. Moreover, it proves the audio playback through the phone speakers. When it comes to audio, the ROG Phone 3 is a generous smartphone. The handset has stereo front-facing speakers with Dirac Research immersive audio technology. Moreover, it boasts 4 microphones for 3D recording.
Unfortunately, the device doesn’t come with an audio jack but some of the accessories made for it allow you to use and audio jack. However, there is a 3.5 mm to USB-C adapter in the box allowing you to make use of any 3.5mm headphones you have.
A solid audio performance in a powerful gaming phone
The gaming phone scores 75 points on the playback audio tests. It delivers a strong bass that helps with frequency balance and dynamics earning it a score of 72 in both categories. Its volume is also said to be pretty good to the point that you can’t block out the speakers when watching movies, playing games, or listening to some audio files. DxOMark is also happy with the recording capabilities of the gaming handset. It scored 74 points on this category. The ROG Phone 3 now sits among the best smartphones tested for audio recording. Volume is consistent across all scenarios test and distortion is practically unnoticeable.
The conclusion states that the ROG Phone 3 successfully outperforms its predecessor in almost all scenarios. You can check more details reading DxOMark full review in the source link. Now, we are curious to check the review for its camera performance. However, we’re not expecting the same level of quality in the camera. After all, gaming phones aren’t well known for its camera capabilities.
ASUS ROG PHONE 3 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 19.5:9 aspect ratio display, 270Hz touch sampling rate, 113% DCI-P3, 10000:1 contrast, dE<1%, 10-bit HDR, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 3.1 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 Plus 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage. 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage. 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture. 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture. 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture. 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- USB Type-C Hi-Res audio, 7-magnet stereo speaker with dual NXP TFA9874 smart amplifier, Quad microphones with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 171×78×9.85mm; Weight: 240 g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 10V 3A 30W HyperCharge fast charging. Supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter