OPPO will launch a smartwatch supported by Google Wear OS on July 31. The upcoming OPPO Watch is the global version of its previous smartwatch. Recall that back in March, the company released the Oppo Watch which uses OPPO’s own ColorOS operating system. This version works pretty well for Chinese users. However, the upcoming watch will better suit global users.
According to OPPO’s promotional materials, it seems that the global OPPO Watch is very similar in design to the Apple Watch. Well, this is not entirely a surprise because the Chinese version is also similar to Apple Watch. The main difference is its operating system, which will mainly cater to the needs of Western consumers.
As for the specifications, some details about the accessory are on FCC’s database. These accessories are exactly the same as the original Oppo Watch. The upcoming Oppo watch will be powered by the Snapdragon Wear 2500 chipset. This is the same chipset that comes with the Chinese version. The chipset will be paired with 1GB RAM and a 430 mAh battery. The device may also arrive with a 1.9-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 402 x 476.
As of now, there is no news on the price or availability of this device. See the complete specifications of the Oppo Watch Chinese version below
OPPO Watch specifications
- 1.6-inch (320 x 360 pixels) (41mm) AMOLED screen / 1.91-inch (402 x 476 pixels) (46mm) curved AMOLED screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 2500 & Apollo 3 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- 3-axis accelerometer sensor, Gyroscope sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Barometric pressure sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Tracking indoor and outdoor running, outdoor walking, outdoor cycling, swimming ad more
- ColorOS Watch, compatible with Android 6.0 and above
- Water resistant (5ATM 46mm / 3ATM 41mm)
- 4G via eSIM, WiFi 802.11n 2.4GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, built-in GPS, NFC for payments
- 300mAh (typical) / 289mAh (minimum) for 41mm with 20 hours of usage, 14 days in long battery mode
- 430mAh (typical) / 416mAh (minimum) for 46mm with 40 hours of usage, 21 days in long battery mode
The specs above are what we expect from the global version of the Oppo Watch. However, there could be very minor changes. There is also information that this global version will arrive in India on the same July 31. Keep a tab with us and we will keep you updated on any development regarding the upcoming Oppo Watch.