Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, is currently rolling out its latest MIUI 12 system to many of its smartphones. However, most of these devices are getting MIUI 12 on top of Android 10. Back in June, the company released the developer’s version of MIUI 12 on top of Android 11 for some Xiaomi Mi 10 users in advance.
Now, reports from netizens show that Xiaomi is releasing the MIUI 12 (Android 11) developers’ version to more Xiaomi Mi 10 devices. The incoming update is 20.8.13 and it is based on Android 11. This update arrives with the new video call beauty function, new night scene support, movie mode, fixed status bar, notification bar, and split-screen content.
This update weighs a whopping 3.5GB thus you should ensure that you have enough data and storage space before attempting the update. Also, since this is a cross-version upgrade, ensure that you back up all your data to avoid the risk of losing your personal data.
However, since this update is not a stable version thus it may come with some issues. Here are some problems that you may encounter
- Performance may not be top-notch
- Power consumption issues
- There may be heating problems
- Micro-cards may malfunction
- Some third-party applications may malfunction or may not work at all.
In addition to the MIUI 12 development version, the MIUI 12 stable version is now complete and the adaptation and push for some models is done. The second batch of Xiaomi phones will get the update by the end of September. If you are an average smartphone user, a development version is not for you.
XIAOMI MI 10 SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 90Hz refresh rate. 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio. DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.0 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.69 aperture, OIS, 8P lens LED flash. 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture. 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro lens with f/2.4 aperture.
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, 1216 1.0cc speaker
- Dimensions: 162.6×74.8×8.96mm; Weight: 208g
- 4780mAh (Typical) / 4680mAh (Minimum) battery with 30W QC 4+ / PD3.0 wired and wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging