Informed Chinese sources report that the Xiaomi Mi 10 series smartphones support MEMC technology, but it has not yet been activated by the manufacturer. The situation should be corrected with the release of the next software update.
As a reminder, MEMC (Motion Estimation / Motion Compensation) is a dynamic image quality compensation technology that makes the picture on the screen smoother and the image details clearer.
The technology uses hardware and software algorithms to estimate the trajectory of a rapidly moving object in an image. MEMC technology is used in modern TVs, with various companies referring to it differently, including MotionFlow, TrueMotion, Auto Motion Plus, SMR, and so on.
Several flagship smartphones support MEMC technology, including the Black Shark 3, Oppo Find X2 and OnePlus 8. Smartphones from the Xiaomi Mi 10 line are expected to join them soon.
It is worth to mention that recently, After Lei Jun’s speech on the tenth anniversary of the company and the success of its smartphones, Xiaomi began to introduce new products. The first of these is the Xiaomi Mi 10 Extreme Commemorative Edition, which will be available outside of China under the name Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra. Here’s a reminder of the specifications of the smartphone.
Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra specifications
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
The Mi 10 Ultra comes in Obsidian Black, Mercury Silver and Transparent Edition, starts at 5299 yuan (US$ 762) for 8GB + 128GB, 5599 yuan (US$ 806) for 8GB + 256GB, 5999 yuan (US$ 863) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 16GB + 512GB version costs 6999 yuan (US$ 1007).