IFixit has gotten to the Pixel 4a, which is in high demand in the US. As it turned out, the model is assembled according to the templates of its predecessor – Pixel 3a. And although a full disassembly listing all the features of the model will appear only next week, according to the video available on the Web, we can already say that the Pixel 4a will repeat the maintainability rating of the Pixel 3a. This means that the new product is getting quite good 6 points out of 10 for the disassembly.
What’s inside? Google Pixel 4a disassembly video is here
As the experts noted, it is not very difficult to disassemble the Pixel 4a, for this it is not even necessary to heat up the screen very much – this is where the “opening” begins. Inside, the display flex cable is additionally fixed with two screws, under them, there is a case frame, very similar to the Pixel 3a frame. At this stage, the main difference between the Pixel 4a and its predecessor arises. In the new product, all internal components, including the motherboard, attaches to this frame. By the way, all the chips on the motherboard are shielded.
As a reminder, the Pixel 4a has a 5.81-inch screen and runs the Snapdragon 730G with 6GB of RAM. The only storage option is 128GB, which is twice as much as last year. The smartphone is available in only one color – black.
The smartphone has the familiar 12.2MP sensor that we saw in last year’s flagship Pixel 4. The fingerprint sensor is located on the back. The smartphone has a 3140 mAh battery, more than previous small Pixel devices. As always, Google plans to update this smartphone for at least three years with the latest security patches. In addition, the phone offers a stock Android experience free of bloatware.
Google Pixel 4a specifications
- 5.81-inch (1080 x 2340 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU, Titan M security chip
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, Dual PD autofocus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p at up to 120fps and 720p at up to 240fps
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM (Single Nano SIM + eSIM)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Dimensions: 144x 69.4 x 8.2mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1, NFC
- 3140mAh battery with 18W fast charging