OxygenOS 11 certainly has split the OnePlus OS fanbase in two distinct sides and the one making more buzz is made of those who are not happy with the change in the UI elements. In fact, the new software interface suggests that OnePlus OxygenOS 11 is leaving the stock Android in favor of a unique design. Not that unique, since some elements clearly resemble Samsung’s One UI. Dislike it or not, it seems that OnePlus will be keeping the new design direction.
The company unveiled the new UI through the third Developer Preview (Beta 3) released a couple of weeks ago. The DP3 was supposed to be the final Developer Preview build, however, OnePlus is coming today with another build based on Android 11 beta. Those who are running the DP3 build can easily update to Developer Preview 4 (Beta 4) via the OTA channel.
The new update comes to fix certain bugs introduced with the DP3. Moreover, it further improves the OxygenOS 11 Gaming Mode and introduces some features like Floating Window and Accidental Touch Prevention. Last but not least, the company introduced September 2020 Android Security patches through this update. The changelog, however, does not say anything about the Android security patch level.
OxygenOS 11 Developer Preview 4 update for OnePlus 8 / 8 Pro changelog:
- Optimized display effects with some UI
- Improved the lagging issue under some settings
- Optimized the stability with the upload of log in Community
- Optimized delayed response issue with pull-down of the status bar
- No more crash/reboot issue under some settings
- Fixed the all-black issue with a status bar in dark mode
- Solved a bug that system cannot be re-started after OTA upgrade
- Fixed the disabled “save” feature of screenshot
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WeChat, QQ and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Fixed the abnormal increase of brightness when entering the Gallery
- Fixed the incomplete screenshot issue in some cases
- Fixed the issue that background of weather did not display
- Improved the performance and stability of network transfers
We expect the official OxygenOS 11 update to reach smartphones as soon as Google drops the Android 11 update. In fact, the Chinese firm may take a few weeks to release the full-fledged version of its software. After all, OxygenOS this time around brings a lot of changes.