There are no revolutions taking place in the smartphone market right now. It was expected that the emergence of foldable devices with flexible displays would be the event that would revolutionize the industry. As a result, we got expensive and incomprehensible smartphones that many want to show. But they lack clear positioning and understanding of the benefits that the consumer will receive. Now, it seems that the foldable smartphone is getting ready to be presented by Xiaomi as well. At the very beginning of last year, a video was posted on the network, where the president of the company, Lin Bin, sits with a compact tablet in his hands and flips through social networks. And then with a slight movement of the hands, the device is transformed into a smartphone. Moreover, it bends on both sides.
The first Xiaomi foldable smartphone will be released in 2021
Then it was said that the company will be ready to present a commercial version of the foldable smartphone. But this never happened until today. It will not happen this year either. Chinese sources said that Xiaomi will launch its first foldable smartphone next year.
Earlier, Xiaomi President Lin Bin said that in creating a dual-fold mobile smartphone, they were able to overcome a number of technical challenges. This includes flexible matrix technology, hinge mechanism, flexible matrix coating and MIUI adaptation. And it will be the world’s first dual-fold smartphone.
But it seems that the Xiaomi foldable smartphone is still far from perfect and there still some problems. One of them is that the smartphone should not be expensive. Yes, the company has already stepped into the territory of flagships from A-brands and began to produce expensive devices. But in the case of a foldable smartphone, it runs the risk of not finding its audience who is willing to pay a lot for the experiment. I think that the reaction from users to the concept Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha confirmed that the audience is not ready to buy such products at a high price.
Gizchina News of the week
It is worth to mention that last month, Xiaomi unveiled the flagship smartphones Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra and Redmi K30 Ultra, as well as unique transparent TV and a number of other products.
XIAOMI MI 10 ULTRA SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.67-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.5:9 aspect ratio HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1120nit (HBM) / 800nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (1 x 2.84GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB. 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB storage. 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 10
- 48MP rear camera with 1/ 1.32″ OV48C sensor,1.2μm, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, 8P lens, LED flash. 48MP Sony IMX586 periscope telephoto lens with f/4.1 aperture for 10x optical zoom and 120x digital zoom, OIS. 20MP 128° ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. 12MP 1/2.6″ 2PD sensor with 1.4um for 2x zoom and portrait, 8k at 24fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 1080p
- 20MP front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.38×75.04×9.45mm; Weight: 221.8g
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 8 x / MU-MIMO. Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 120W QC 5 / PD3.0 wired. 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging