Samsung has just fully presented its flagship smartphone Galaxy Z Fold 2, and the characteristics of its younger version – Galaxy Z Fold 2 Lite – have already appeared on the Web. The smartphone will not be cheap, and in terms of characteristics, major differences from its older brother are not expected.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Lite will cost about $1,600
Galaxy Z Fold 2 Lite in terms of hardware platform will be at the level of current Samsung flagships. Thus, the device will arrive wit an Exynos 9825 SoC, 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of flash memory. The internal Super AMOLED display features a 7.2-inch diagonal and Full HD+ resolution. Matrix protection will be provided by Ultra-Thin-Glass (UTG).
The external display will be simpler – it will be smaller than the Galaxy Z Fold 2, and will be used primarily for displaying notifications. The interface will be One UI 2.5 based on Android 10. The estimated cost of the Galaxy Z Fold 2 Lite is $1600, that is, in terms of price, the smartphone will be about the level of the Galaxy Z Flip 5G.
Have received some specifications of the device. In all likelihood, the device will feature:
— Mukul Sharma (@stufflistings) September 5, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 specifications
- 7.3-inch (2208 x 1768 pixels) QXGA+ 22.5:18 Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2x main display, 6.2-inch (2260 x 816 pixels) 25:9 HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Flex cover display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 10 with One UI 2.5
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Plus a 12MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 2x optical zoom, up to 10x digital zoom. And a 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 10MP cover and 10MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions Folded: 68.0 x 159.2 x13.8~16.8mm, Unfolded: 128.2 x 159.2 x 6.0~6.9mm; Weight: 282g
- 5G SA/NSA, Sub6 / mmWave, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), HE80. MIMO, 1024-QAM, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C (Gen 3.2), NFC, MST
- 4500mAh battery with 25W wired and 11W wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 comes in Mystic Black and Mystic Bronze colors with a customized hinge in Metallic Silver, Metallic Gold, Metallic Red and Metallic Blue colours. It starts at $1,999 in the US and €1,999 in Europe and will roll out in around 40 markets, including the United States and South Korea from September 18 with pre-orders starting from September 1, 2020 starting with select markets including the U.S. and Europe. The Galaxy Z Fold 2 Thom Browne edition is also available for pre-orders in select markets and will roll out from September 25.