The development of 5G has been consistent since its commercialization early last year. Last year, we had a couple of 5G smartphones, all of which were flagship devices. However, this year, there have been a lot of mid-range 5G phones. Most of these devices sell for $200 and above. Now, it is interesting that we already have 5G devices with a price tag of less than $150. Today, Realme officially announced that the Realme V3 will make history tomorrow as the cheapest ever 5G smartphone. It will commence sales on September 9th and its starting price is 999 yuan ($146).
The Realme V3 has three configurations which are 6GB+64GB, 6GB+128GB and 8GB+128GB versions. These versions cost 999 yuan ($146), 1,399 yuan ($205), 1,599 yuan ($234) respectively. According to the company, many 5G phones with the same spec cost more than 1000 yuan. This makes the Realme V3 very competitive.
The Realme V3 comes with a 6.5-inch waterdrop screen with a resolution of 1600 × 720. Under the hood, this smartphone uses a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor. In the camera department, it boasts of an 8MP selfie shooter. On the rear, it comes with a triple camera configuration. It has a 13MP main camera + 2MP macro + 2MP sensors. Furthermore, this smartphone comes with a 5000 mAh battery that supports 18W fast charge.
The official data shows that the Realme V3 5000 mAh large battery has a 24 hours standby time. If on a continuous call, its working time can reach 33 hours. When on continuous music, it can play thousands of songs at a go.
Xu Qi, vice president of Realme, said that Realme’s ability to launch the industry’s first 5G thousand yuan phone is inseparable from its ability to control the supply chain. Realme also believes that with the release of 1000 yuan 5G mobile phones, it will further accelerate the overall progress of the market for 5G mobile phones.
Realme V3 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 × 720 pixels) 20:9 HD+ IPS display with 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 720 5G 7nm processor (Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) with ARM Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 64GB/128GB storage and 8GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 10 based on ColorOS
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide) with HDR and 1080p@30fps
- Rear Cameras: 13 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), PDAF + 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro) + 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth). LED flash, HDR, panorama and 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps
- Splash and dust-proof
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimemensions: 164.4 x 76 x 8.6 mm; Weight: 190g
- Network: GSM/CDMA/HSPA/EVDO/LTE/5G
- Bluetooth: 5.0
- 5000 mAh battery with 18W fast charge