In a few weeks (or maybe days) Google is due to unveil the Pixel 5. This year, as expected, the company will move away from the tradition of producing two top-end devices and limited to the release of only one model, which, moreover, will not receive the flagship chip from Qualcomm. Still, Snapdragon 865/865+ are quite expensive and it was decided to save a little on hardware.
Google Pixel 5 renders have already flashed on the net, and today we invite you to take a look at the “live” photos. The pictures confirm that the smartphone will receive a square unit of the main camera with two sensors and a thin-frame display with a front module embedded in it. Symmetrical frames around the screen and the absence of a chin at the bottom look quite attractive visually.
It is noteworthy that in the system menu the name of the new item is indicated as Pixel 5s and it runs on the Android R software platform. Most likely, this is an engineering sample and the software is still raw here. Recall that according to preliminary information, the Pixel 5 will offer a Snapdragon 765G chip, up to 8 GB of RAM, an OLED matrix with a refresh rate of 90 Hz and a battery with a capacity of 3800 or 4000 mAh. According to rumors, the price tag for the smartphone will be in the $ 599-699 range.
As a reminder, the recently announced Pixel 4a has a 5.81-inch screen and runs the Snapdragon 730G with 6GB of RAM. The only storage option is 128GB, which is twice as much as last year. The smartphone is available in only one color – black.
The smartphone has the familiar 12.2MP sensor that we saw in last year’s flagship Pixel 4. The fingerprint sensor is located on the back. The smartphone has a 3140 mAh battery, more than previous small Pixel devices. As always, Google plans to update this smartphone for at least three years with the latest security patches. In addition, the phone offers a stock Android experience free of bloatware.
Google Pixel 4a specifications
- 5.81-inch (1080 x 2340 pixels) FHD+ OLED 18.5:9 display, 443 PPI, HDR support, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 730G Mobile Platform with Adreno 618 GPU, Titan M security chip
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10
- 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED flash, Dual PD autofocus, OIS, EIS, 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p at up to 120fps and 720p at up to 240fps
- 8MP front camera with 84° ultra-wide lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM (Single Nano SIM + eSIM)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Dimensions: 144x 69.4 x 8.2mm; Weight: 143g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1 LE, GPS, USB Type-C Gen 1, NFC
- 3140mAh battery with 18W fast charging