Chinese manufacturer, OnePlus, has officially released the full package public beta of Hydrogen OS on top of Android 11. This update is strictly for OnePlus 8/8 Pro. Although OnePlus says that it will not erase your data, it also advises users to back up their data. Furthermore, your battery level should not be less than 30% while you attempt the update. In addition, this update needs a minimum of 3GB storage space.
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Brand new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now
- Optimized the brightness bar display in the status bar, enabling you to quickly adjust it by pulling down quick settings.
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Screen Recorder at one place (Enable it by swiping down from the upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule / All day option included. Path: Settings – Display – Ambient Display.
- Added 10 new clock styles. Path: Settings – Customization – Clock Style
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. ( To set: Settings>Customization>Clock Style)
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range.
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, Zen space1, Zen space2), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
As usual, this is a beta update thus you may have issues with this version after upgrading. According to OnePlus Forum users, the NFC begins to malfunction after upgrading.
The following is the upgrade package to upgrade to Hydrogen OS 11 Beta 1 (Android 11):
The following are the downgrade packages available for downgrading to the stable version of Hydrogen OS 10 (Android 10):
Also updated today is the Android 10 stable version of Hydrogen OS version 8.