The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 was one of the most loved stock android budget smartphones in India; but with the lack of updates from the OEM, the smartphone hasn’t been able to impress people on the longer term. With that said, the Android 10 beta was already live for the users and now Asus has started rolling out the Android 10 Beta 3 Update for the Zenfone Max Pro M2 carrying version number 17.2018.2007.428.
The piece of information comes directly from the Italian ZenTalk community where the OEM has released notes for the Android 10 beta 3 and beta 4 updates have been provided for the ZenFone Max Pro M2 and M1 respectively. As for the changes the OEM is providing fixes for several audio-related problems including audio quality with earphones, audio bass problem, and issues with changing the ringtone. Additionally, the July Security Patch is being rolled out.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Android 10 Beta 3 Update Changelog
- Updated Android security patches (07/2020)
- Fixed VOIP call muting after starting voice assistance via “OK Google” command
- Solved compatibility issue with Hami Pay
- Fixed problem with payment cards if used in NFC mode to take advantage of Bike Sharing services
- Solved NFC technology not being able to pay successfully on some devices
- Fixed an issue where Google Pay cannot be set up
If you own a unit of the ZenFone Max Pro M2, you’ll have to share your IMEI, Serial Number and current firmware number to Asus to enable the beta test and sign up for the program via this link. It seems Asus will be selecting users so this isn’t an open beta for now. You’ll have to be active in giving feedback to their teams after being in the program. Since this is a beta, you should also be aware that there could be bugs that hinder the ideal experience that is under a stable ROM.
ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M2 (ZB31KL) specifications
- 6.26-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 display with 94% NTSC Color Gamut, 450 cd/m2 brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4X RAM with 32GB Storage, 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF, EIS, Pro Mode, secondary 5MP camera
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, NXP Smart Amp, 5-magnet speaker
- Dimensions: 157.9×75.5×8.5mm; Weight: 175g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery