Asus’s mid-range smartphone serries which appears to have been lost; has been one of the slowest Stock Android powered smartphones to haven’t received the Android 10 stable update yet. The first one of them, the Zenfone Max Pro M1 which has been in beta for like months now, has now started receiving another the Android 10 Beta 4 Update; carrying version number 17.2018.2008.432.
With the latest Android 10 Beta 4 update for the ZenFone Max Pro M1 , Asus claims to offer fixes for VoIP calls and Google assistant conflict, Hami Pay compatibility issue, issue related to payment cards when used in NFC mode, and unable to set up Google Pay issue. Additionally. the the updates bring along the August Android security patches to the Zenfone Max Pro M1. However, teh August security patch is old and Asus needs to speed up their game given that Android 11 stable update for other smartphones will be arriving soon.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android 10 Beta 4 Changelog:
- Updated Android security patches
- APN update
- Improved audio quality with earphones
- Fixed audio bass problem
- Fixed the problem with changing the ringtone
ASUS ZENFONE MAX PRO M1 GETS UNOFFICIAL ANDROID 11 UPDATE
While the Max Pro M1 was launched with Android 8.0 Oreo onboard, the smartphone is set to receive two major android version upgrades namely Android 9 and Android 10. While the former has already been rolled out, the Android 10 update has been in beta since a couple of months. Now, thanks to a thread at XDADevelopers, users now have ported the Android 11 GSI for the Zenfone Max Pro M1. Read full post here
ASUS ZENFONE MAX PRO M1 SPECIFICATIONS
The Max Pro M1 features the awesome Kyro-powered Snapdragon 636 chipset, a 5.99-inch display with 2160×1080 pixels of resolution and an 18:9 aspect ratio. The handset joins the league of dual-camera smartphones with a pair of vertically-aligned cameras on the rear, also it succeeds where Xiaomi fails, by offering three slots for the simultaneous use of Dual SIM and MicroSD cards.
- 6.0-inch FullView IPS Display, Full HD+ Resolution (2160 x 1080 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass Display
- Launched with Android 8.1 Oreo
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- Up to 1.8 GHz octa-core Kryo 260 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, 14nm CPU
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 3 GB / 4 GB or 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X RAM
- 32 GB or 64 GB eMMC internal, expands via microSD card (dedicated slot) Storage
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras (13 MP + 5 MP), single LED flash, Dual cameras (16 MP + 5 MP) for 6 GB variant
- Front Camera: 8 MP (16 MP for 6 GB variant)
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5 mm, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Cellular: 4G LTE, dual nano-SIM, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 5,000 mAh