The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 was an stunning device offering a Snadpragon 636 chipset with up to 6GB’s of RAM, dual rear cameras, a massive 5,000mAh battery and more. While it was launched with Android 8.0 Oreo onboard, the smartphone is set to receive two major android version upgrades namely Android 9 and Android 10. While the former has already been rolled out, the Android 10 update has been in beta since a couple of months. Now, thanks to a thread at XDADevelopers, users now have ported the Android 11 GSI for the Zenfone Max Pro M1.
While we have previously seen multiple custom ROMs for the device sporting Android 10 onboard such as StagOS, RevengeOS, HavocOS, PixysOS, Pixel Experience and more, while also seeing a unofficial early beta port of Android 10. Developers have been succesfull in porting the ROM for the device with all the Stock Android 11 features.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Gets Unofficial Android 11 Update
If you’re a fan of Android adventures and want to sail on unexplored waters with your Zenfone Max Pro M1, the handset just received an unofficial port of Android 11. Worth noting that this build has some bugs due to its beta/alpha nature, so only install it if you’re familiarized with the process of installing and reinstalling ROMs. If you’re interested in trying Android 11, just check the list of hardware working on the handset:
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Selinux permissive
ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 Specifications
The Max Pro M1 features the awesome Kyro-powered Snapdragon 636 chipset, a 5.99-inch display with 2160×1080 pixels of resolution and an 18:9 aspect ratio. The handset joins the league of dual-camera smartphones with a pair of vertically-aligned cameras on the rear, also it succeeds where Xiaomi fails, by offering three slots for the simultaneous use of Dual SIM and MicroSD cards.
- 6.0-inch FullView IPS Display, Full HD+ Resolution (2160 x 1080 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass Display
- Launched with Android 8.1 Oreo
- Fingerprint Scanner:Yes, at the back
- Up to 1.8 GHz octa-core Kryo 260 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 SoC, 14nm CPU
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 3 GB / 4 GB or 6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X RAM
- 32 GB or 64 GB eMMC internal, expands via microSD card (dedicated slot) Storage
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras (13 MP + 5 MP), single LED flash, Dual cameras (16 MP + 5 MP) for 6 GB variant
- Front Camera: 8 MP (16 MP for 6 GB variant)
- Connectivity: micro USB, 3.5 mm, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Cellular: 4G LTE, dual nano-SIM, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 5,000 mAh