Xiaomi’s Redmi Note series has been one of the most selling smartphones in India. However, the brand has failed to provide updates in a faster-required manner to the devices. For instance, the newly launched Redmi Note 9 Pro had received its MIUI 12 update just a couple of days back. Leaving things aside, now Xiaomi has started to rollout a new update for the Redmi Note 7 Pro in India carrying MIUI 12 V184.108.40.206.QFHINXM.
Redmi Note 7 Pro Finally Receives MIUI 12 Update in India
This is a stable build and not a beta, and hence so we recommend users to update their device to this build as soon as possible. The update is based on Android 10 Q (via @miui12_official Telegram channel). Similar to all the other updates, this OTA update is rolling out in over the air. This is a planned rollout so it may take some time to be available in all handsets.
For changes, The update brings software optimization and promises to provide a better user experience. Along with all the optimizations, it also improves the security and performance of the device while bumping up the software version. It also addresses many bugs which were reported in the previous build.
As usual, users should ensure that they back up their data before attempting the download. Also, this update will not arrive on all units at the same time. Thus, if you have not gotten this update, just exercise some patience. Alternatively, you can go to settings to check for available updates manually.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Pro Specifications
- 6.3-inch LTPS LCD Dot Notch display, Full HD+ resolution (2280 x 1080 pixels, 409 PPI), 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 450 nits brightness, 15,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Display
- MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Fingerprint Scanner | Face Unlock: Yes, on the back | Yes
- Up to 2.0 GHz octa-core Kryo 460 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 SoC, 11nm, 64-bit CPU
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 4 GB/6 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- 64 GB OR 128 GB internal storage, eMMC 5.1, expands up to microSD card (SIM2 slot)
- RearCamera: Dual cameras 48 MP + 5 MP, AI support
48 MP (Sony IMX586) 1.6μm large pixel (4-in-1 Super Pixel), PDAF, f/1.79 aperture, Steady handheld night photography, AI Portrait mode, background blurring, Single-tone flash, Low light enhancement, Standard HDR, Auto HDR, Video stabilization (EIS), Face recognition, AI Dynamic bokeh, AI Studio lighting
- Front Camera: 13 MP, AI Portrait mode, background blurring, AI Beautify, Face recognition, AI Studio lighting
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 4G LTE, 2x SIM (GSM), microSD card on SIM2, dual VoLTE support
- Battery: 4,100 mAh, Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0