Realme continues to confirm that it is going from one of the fastest-growing brands to one of the leaders in the global smartphone market.
Realme Vice President and President of Global Marketing Xu Qi today shared a photo on Weibo showing a smartphone without any cutouts or holes at the top of the screen. He added that today he visited Realme’s research and development department, where he saw an interesting device.
This photo directly hints that the company is preparing to release a smartphone with a sub-screen camera. Of course, there is still a chance that the smartphone camera can be retractable, but such models have been presented on the market for a couple of years, while they have not become popular with smartphone manufacturers. It is unlikely that Realme began to stir up users’ interest in the new product if it had a long-known design with a retractable camera.
Xu Qi also recently confirmed that the company is working on a new flagship smartphone, which is likely to be powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 875 chipset.
So far, there are only two models with sub-screen cameras on the market: ZTE Axon 20 5G and Vsmart Aris Pro.
Gizchina News of the week
ZTE AXON 20
The ZTE Axon 20 5G smartphone is the first mobile phone with an on-screen camera to go commercial. The company officially announced this device this month and it is now available for purchase. Of course, it is only available in China for now. The ZTE Axon 20 5G on-screen camera phone currently has black and sky blue color options. This smartphone comes with a 6.92-inch FHD + screen.
ZTE Axon 20 5G is 7.98 mm thick and weighs 198 grams. It uses a 90Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate. This device further supports 100% DCI-P3 color gamut and 10bit color depth. Under the hood, the ZTE Axon 20 5G has a Snapdragon 765G processor, a built-in 4220 mAh battery, and supports 30W fast charge. In terms of cameras, this device has a 32MP front camera and a quad-rear camera setup. It has a 64MP main camera + 8MP ultra-wide angle + 2MP depth of field + 2MP macro quad camera.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+