The possibility of implementing a sub-screen camera in smartphones has been discussed for a long time. But the unpleasant fact is that the path from conversations to the final implementation of the idea is not a short one. True, ZTE decided to be a pioneer and has already rolled out the first smartphone with a camera under the screen – the Axon 20 5G. There was a minor scam on the part of the manufacturer as the implementation of the solution is not as good as you may expect.
It is known for sure that Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi and Oppo are working on the technology of the sub-screen camera. And Realme wants to be among the pioneers and carriers of innovations. They strive not to lose the race for the Xiaomi subscreen camera. True, Realme is unlikely to create something of its own. it will most likely adopt what will be created in the Oppo laboratories.
Realme smartphone with a sub-screen camera will be released next year
Nevertheless, one of the leaders of Realme has already posted a photo on the network with a hint that “we can also do it with a subscreen camera”. However, it is not worth waiting for the announcement of such a smartphone this year. Reliable source Digital Chat Station has announced that the mass production of under-display cameras for Realme’s needs will start next year. Next year promises a boom in smartphones with a camera under the display, and let’s see which of the manufacturers will be able to implement this solution better than others.
Previously, Realme Vice President and President of Global Marketing Xu Qi posted a photo showing the smartphone without any cutouts or holes at the top of the screen. The source says Realme will be mass-producing by 2021 and launching several models with sub-screen cameras. It is also expected that the firstborn of the new line will receive an excellent main camera with optical zoom and support for very fast 125W charging.
The next step in mastering subscreen camera technology is to improve the quality of your photos and videos.
ZTE AXON 20
The ZTE Axon 20 5G smartphone is the first mobile phone with an on-screen camera to go commercial. The company officially announced this device this month and it is now available for purchase. Of course, it is only available in China for now. The ZTE Axon 20 5G on-screen camera phone currently has black and sky blue color options. This smartphone comes with a 6.92-inch FHD + screen.
ZTE Axon 20 5G is 7.98 mm thick and weighs 198 grams. It uses a 90Hz refresh rate and a 240Hz touch sampling rate. This device further supports 100% DCI-P3 color gamut and 10bit color depth. Under the hood, the ZTE Axon 20 5G has a Snapdragon 765G processor, a built-in 4220 mAh battery, and supports 30W fast charge. In terms of cameras, this device has a 32MP front camera and a quad-rear camera setup. It has a 64MP main camera + 8MP ultra-wide angle + 2MP depth of field + 2MP macro quad camera.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1). 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+