Xiaomi has begun distributing the stable MIUI 12 branded user interface to Redmi Note 7 smartphone users outside of China.
Global Redmi Note 7 users have finally received MIUI 12 based on Android 10
Chinese users received MIUI 12 in August. But only now came the turn of users of the international model. The firmware 188.8.131.52.QFGEUXM based on Android 10 has become available over the air for European users. True, it still has the status “Partially released”. This means only about 30% of users received it. After Xiaomi is convinced that there are no major bugs, the widespread expansion will begin.
Recall that the Redmi Note 7 smartphone was among the bestseller smartphones for a long period. In the first six months on the market, sales exceeded 15 million units.
- Control center
New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
Gizchina News of the week
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
Fix: Custom toggles couldn’t be used in Second space or when Ultra battery saver was on
- Dark mode
Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases
- Lock screen
Fix: Custom signature didn’t appear on the Lock screen
New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
Redmi Note 7 specifications
- 6.3-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS in-cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4x RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- Splash proof (P2i nano coating)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA TAS2563
- Dimensions: 159.21 x 75.21 x 8.1mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 /5GHz) Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with Quick Charge 4
One of the notable smartphones of the first half of 2019 in the affordable segment was the Redmi Note 7. The device turned out to be a hit and loudly declared its ambitions for the title of “the best affordable smartphone”. It came out with the Android 9.0 Pie OS and MIUI 10 user interface. And now, 1.5 years after the release of the smartphone, it underwent a major update.