The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is the most affordable Galaxy S series smartphone released this year. It has all the core functions of the S flagship series. Unfortunately, some early users encountered screen touch problems. Recently, Samsung has repaired it through a software update. Last week, there were reports that several batches of Galaxy S20 FE users encountered problems related to touch input. Problems faced by users include ghost touch, inability to distinguish between taps and gestures, and no response to touch at all.
According to SamMobile, Samsung is launching a new software version for the device worldwide to solve screen-related issues. This update is applicable to the 4G Exynos 990 version (SM-G780F) and 5G Snapdragon 865 version (SM-G781B).
The firmware number of the new software version is G78xxXXU1ATJ5. However, the update log for this update does not mention a fix for the screen touch problem. Nevertheless, users who have updated to the latest version report that these problems have now been resolved.
If you have a Galaxy S20 FE, please make sure to download and install the latest available software version from “Settings”> “Software Update”>”Download and Install”.
Although there is no mention of the availability of this update, it appears that it is already available globally. However, if you do not have this update presently, you should be patient, it will arrive soon. The update started rolling out about two days ago, thus it should arrive in all units in the coming days.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE specifications
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ (2400 × 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display, 407 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 990 7nm EUV processor with ARM Mali-G77MP11 GPU
- 8GB RAM (LPDDR5), 128GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 10 with OneUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, 79˚ FOV, OIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with 32° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, Up to 30x Super-Resolution Zoom, 12MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- Optical Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- 4500mAh (typical) with 25W fast charging, WPC Qi wireless fast charging, Wireless PowerShare