A couple of months ago, OnePlus introduced the OnePlus Nord as its first mid-range smartphone. The device came with the 5G-ready Snapdragon 765G, a 90Hz display, a capable camera, and OxygenOS 10. Just a few days ago, the OnePlus Nord family got bigger with the reveal of the OnePlus Nord N10 and N100 in the United States. So far, OnePlus is known for doing a stellar job in keeping its smartphones with updated software. However, now that the company is extending its amount of smartphones, then one could think if it will be able to keep this stellar job. Well, as far as the first OnePlus Nord is concerned, there’s a new update coming to honor the company’s commitment to its users.
So far, the OnePlus Nord received 8 system updates. Now, the OxygenOS 10.5.9 update is arriving as the ninth update for the premium mid-range phone. It brings a set of interesting features and an updated Android security patch.
The new update brings October 2020 security patch and also adds a new Game Space with revamped features. Users will also feel some improvements in Network and Bluetooth connectivity. The latter is quite interesting, after all, OnePlus has been working to improve Bluetooth since the early days of the OnePlus Nord. Users in India are getting the 10.5.9.AC01DA update, in Europe the software version is 10.5.9.AC01BA and other units are getting the 10.5.9.AC01AA firmware. You can check the update changelog below:
OxygenOS 10.5.9 for the OnePlus Nord
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- New quick reply feature in a small window for Whatsapp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- Improved network stability
As usual, the update is rolling out in a gradual form. Just a few users will receive the update in the next hours, and OnePlus will gradually expand the coverage if everything goes as planned. Worth noting that OnePlus Nord still runs on Android 10. It will eventually receive Android 11 through the OxygenOS 11 beta program.