OnePlus may be busy with all devices it released in 2020, but this can’t hold them from support older smartphones. The fact is that in 2020, the company has become a mainstream brand with devices for multiple market segments. However, it still wants to be a reliable company when it comes to software support. That said, the company is rolling out a new firmware update for the 2018’s OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. These devices may be in the last place of the OnePlus priorities right now, but it’s interesting to see them getting new features that are present in newer models. The update is rolling out as OxygenOS 10.3.7 version and brings a set of improvements for the Android 10-based software.
The OxygenOS 10.3.7 bumps the security patch straight to November 2020 level. OnePlus wasn’t the fastest company rolling out security patches, but this seems to be improving now. Apart from the security patch, the new update also introduces a set of interesting features for the Game Space feature. The update weighs 224MB in size and also addresses certain issues with notifications and screenshots. Talking about Game Space, the company is bringing new tools in Fnatic mode, quick reply shortcuts, and other features. You can get deeper details in the changelog below.
- Newly added “Hide silent notifications in status bar” feature to filter unimportant notifications, making the app notification management easier( Route: Settings>Apps & Notifications> Notifications> Advanced> Hide silent notifications in the status bar )
- Fixed the small probability issue that Screenshot may fail
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.11
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up, and block, just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mistouch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
OnePlus rolled out the OxygenOS 10.3.6 version last month with just minor changes. However, the update now is a bigger one and quite important. Considering how OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 10 last year for the OnePlus 5 series, we expect the same treatment to be given to the OnePlus 6 and 6T this year when it comes to the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update.