Back in April, OnePlus launched its flagship offering under the OnePlus 8 series. Following the previous norms, the lineup consisted of two devices – the regular OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro. The lineup comes with Android 10 based OxygenOS 11 out-of-the-box. Of course, the Chinese company since then has rolled out various updates improving the user experience along the way. Well, OnePlus has now rolled out a new firmware update to the lineup.
The new software update carries the OxygenOS version 18.104.22.168 and is only available for non-beta users as you might have already guessed. This new software update aims to fix various reported bugs and optimized the overall user experience. Of course, we’re going to take a closer look at the changelog down the road. The key highlight would be the optimizations in terms of battery life meaning you might now see some improvements there. Lastly, OnePlus has brought the November Android 2020 security patch to the lineup through this OTA as well.
OnePlus 8 series OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 update complete changelog!
You can find the complete changelog of the recently rolled out OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 update for the OnePlus 8 series down below:
- Optimized the experience with a split-screen of apps
- Further optimized system power consumption and increase battery life
- Fixed the small probability issue that expanded screenshot may stop working
- Fixed the issue that cache is not deleted after uninstalling apps
- Fixes the issue that the screen may flash when using fingerprint unlock
- Fixed the issue that Horizon light is not activated normally
- Fixed the small probability issue that NFC can not be turned on
- Fixes the small probability issue that Parallel Apps can not be turned on
- Fixed the small probability issue that the fan of the Warp Charge 30 Wireless Charger may not work
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the small probability issue that network interruption issue in some apps
- Improve the stability of communication functions
Open Beta 4 program is also live!
Apart from rolling out just updates to the stable OS, OnePlus is also taking care of the Open Beta Program for the lineup. For those who’re unaware, the OnePlus 8 series is participating in the Open Beta Program where the users of the device will be able to taste Android 11 ahead of the public release. The Chinese smartphone maker has already rolled out the Open Beta 4 update to both the devices. The update fixes various issues and bugs reported by testers. It also brings the latest November security patch to the devices.