Back in November 2019, Xiaomi released the Xiaomi CC9 Pro which is the first Xiaomi phone to commercialize the 108MP camera. Recall that Xiaomi first released the 108MP main sensor with the Xiaomi Mi MIX Alpha. However, the MIX Alpha never hit the shelf until today. After the launch of the Redmi Note 9 Pro, this device became the first Redmi phone to use the new Samsung HM2 108MP sensor. However, many users had the belief that the imaging speed of the Redmi Note 9 Pro will be slow in the 108-megapixel mode?
Today, Redmi officially clears all doubt via its official Weibo handle. The company said that the Note 9 Pro does not need a processor to complete the image remosaic in the sensor. It only takes 1.09 seconds for the 108 MP sensor to take pictures. This is much faster than the Xiaomi Mi CC 9 Pro!
Recall that the Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro has the challenge of slow imaging when in the 108MP mode. That is, after pressing the camera shutter, it takes a significant amount of time before the camera captures the image. This time, the Redmi Note 9 Pro made up for the shortcomings of the Xiaomi Mi CC9 Pro. Coupled with the 1/1.52 inch outsole and 9-pixel integration technology, Redmi Note 9 Pro has become the Redmi Note phone with the best imaging performance so far.
Lu Weibing, president of Xiaomi Group China and general manager of the Redmi brand, emphasized that the Redmi Note 9 Pro camera is “invincible”.
Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB
- Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera with 1/1.52″ Samsung HM2 sensor with 7P lens, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth, and 2MP macro sensor
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 165.38×76.8×9.0mm; Weight:215g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4820mAh (Typical) / 4720mAh (Minimum) battery with 33W fast charging