According to JP Morgan Chase analyst, Samik Chatdjee, consumers’ enthusiasm for the iPhone 12 Pro puts a certain pressure on the supply, and the willingness to buy the iPhone 12 Pro Max is weakening. The delivery time of the iPhone 12 Pro is continuously increasing. This means that this device will be the main force of iPhone shipments before the next-generation iPhone is released.
Compared with a week ago, the demand for Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max seems to have slowed, especially in the Chinese market. Chatterjee said that this is because the 6.7-inch model’s early appeal to users is weakening. Previous research has shown that the demand for Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max is relatively higher than that of the iPhone 12 Pro.
In addition, the delivery time of iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini has also increased slightly. Nevertheless, the delivery time of these two phones is still far below the Pro version. In all regions surveyed by JPMorgan Chase, the average delivery time of iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 Pro increased slightly. It is currently 4 days, 4 days, and 28 days respectively. However, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is 11 days. In the Chinese market, the delivery time for iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max is 4 days, 6 days, 30 days, and 15 days respectively.
Gizchina News of the week
Apple iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max specifications
- iPhone 12 Pro- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- iPhone 12 Pro Max -6.7-inch (2778×1284 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 128GB,256GB and 512GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- iPhone 12 Pro- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.0 aperture with 4x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 10x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- iPhone 12 ProMax – 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, 1.7μm pixel size, Sensor-shift optical image stabilisation, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens, 12MP Telephoto camera with f/2.2 aperture with 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out, 5x optical zoom range and Digital zoom up to 12x, Night mode portraits enabled by LiDAR Scanner
- 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- iPhone 12 Pro dimensions: 146.7 ×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 187grams
- iPhone 12 ProMax dimensions: 160.8 ×78.1×7.4mm; Weight: 226grams
- Stereo speakers
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours (iPhone 12 Pro) / 20 hours (iPhone 12 ProMax) of video playback