Asus finally starts rolling out a stable Android 11 update on its ZenFone 6 in Taiwan. In August Asus rolls out the first Android 11 beta update and after almost 4 months the company starts rolling out the stable update. The smartphone was launched back in May 2019 which means this is the last major update for Zenfone 6 as it is now 1.5 years old phone. The update comes with build number 18.0610.2011.107 on Asus ZenFone 6.
The update includes all the goodies of Android 11 i.e. new media controls from the notification bar, screen recorder, power button menu, conversations & bubbles, temporary permissions, wireless Android Auto, and notification history, etc. Along with all these features, the update also packs a new ZenUI design, full-screen gestures with third-party launchers. Moreover, the update improves system stability. The full changelog of the Asus ZenFone 6 Update is posted below.
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Remove private listening, ZenUI Help and one-handed mode
- The power expert function is integrated into the battery setting. Remove Avast scan engine
- The desktop removes options such as smart classification, alignment icons, and icon packages. Click on a blank area of the screen to organize application software icons across pages.
- Import the new ZenUI interface design
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Remove the multi-window entrance, and add adjacent sharing options (need to manually add)
- The “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting of the system update
- Third-party desktop supports the use of full-screen gestures
Asus ZenFone 6 Specifications
It features a 6.4-inch IPS LCD panel with 1080 x 2340 pixel resolution. The display is protected by a corning gorilla glass 6. Qualcomm snapdragon 855 SoC powers Asus Zenfone 6 and Adreno 640 GPU. The smartphone pairs a 6GB/8GB RAM and 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage.
In optics, ZenFone 6 has a Motorized flip primary camera setup that includes a 48MP wide-angle camera with laser autofocus, and a 13MP ultrawide angle camera. The camera setup of the Asus Zenfone 6 has dual-LED flash and HDR support. It has a 5000 mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging and Quick charge 4.0 support.