Every year Xiaomi usually releases its flagship smartphone in February. However, the company accelerated the process and released Xiaomi Mi 11 earlier this week. We all know why Xiaomi did that. It wants to be the first to use the Snapdragon 888 SoC. At the launch event, there were expectations that the company will also release the Pro version. However, the company did not announce the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro. The event only had the regular Xiaomi Mi 11 version.
However, there is now evidence that Xiaomi is indeed developing the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro. This smartphone uses a curved display similar to the standard Mi 11 version. Recently, Xiaomi updated the MIUI Gallery app to version 18.104.22.168. XDA senior member, Kacskrz, found evidence of the existence of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro in the MIUI Gallery source code. A string array named “magic_system_model” in the MIUI Gallery application has been updated to “Mi 11” and “Mi 11 Pro”.
In addition, a class named “CurvedScreenUtil” uses a method named “isCurvedScreen” to check whether the phone is a curved screen. The result is “true” which confirms that the device has a curved display. The news also pointed out that the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro will also support MEMC video frame supplement, video real-time SDR to HDR, and other functions. Since these features were not announced at the press conference earlier this week, they may be exclusive features of the Pro version.
As of now, there is no information regarding the exact launch date for this device. However, it is sure to arrive in the first quarter of next year. While we wait for the arrival of the Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro, let us look at the specs sheet of the Xiaomi Mi 11
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM); 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB; 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; / 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh (Typical) / 4500mAh (Minimum) battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Featured Image: Xiaomi Mi 11