OnePlus first-ever non-flagship phone, OnePlus Nord, is currently receiving the Oxygen OS 11 update. Last Saturday, OnePlus officially announced that it will provide Oxygen OS 11 updates for OnePlus 6 and later models. According to a recent report, the first Oxygen OS 11 public beta is now available for OnePlus Nord. This update is on top of Android 11 and it also comes with a new UI design, desktop clock, and more.
OnePlus Nord is the third device to upgrade to Android 11 after OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8T. In the future, more OnePlus phones will upgrade to the Oxygen OS 11 system. However, OnePlus officials did not provide the specific update schedule.
Recall that OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T encountered data decryption failure when adapting to Android 11. OnePlus officially stated that it will work closely with Qualcomm and has begun internal testing. It is expected to release the first Oxygen OS 11 public beta for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T soon. For users of OnePlus 6/6T and OnePlus Nord 10 5G/100, the company requests patience.
The main updates are as follows:
- Update to Android 11 version.
- The new UI visual design brings users a more comfortable experience through various details optimization.
- Optimize the stability of certain third-party applications and improve user experience.
- The newly added Insight clock style was co-created with Parsons School of Design.
- Added the Canvas function, which can automatically draw wireframe pictures based on the lock screen photos on the phone.
- Added 10 new clock styles.
- Added a shortcut for “Dark Mode”, pull down the quick setting to enable it.
- Support automatic opening night mode and custom time range.
OnePlus Nord specifications
- 6.44-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 408 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 10 with OxygenOS 10.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera with Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.75 aperture, OIS + EIS Hybrid stabilization, 8MP 119° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, 5MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p slow motion at 240fps
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX616 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS, secondary 8MP 105° ultra-wide camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.3×73.3×8.2mm; Weight: 184g
- USB Type-C audio, Super linear speaker
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4115mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T Fast Charging (5V/6A)