ZTE will release at least three Snapdragon 888 phones including the ZTE Axon 30 series, Nubia Red Magic 6, and Nubia Z series. A few days ago, Ni Fei, President of ZTE’s Terminal Business Unit said “I can’t wait for our mass-produced second-generation under-screen products to meet you all”. His statement seems to suggest that ZTE is done with the mass-production of its second-generation on-screen camera technology.
Lv Qianhao, director of the Consumer Experience Department of ZTE, also posted a Weibo message that reads “No one understands off-screen camera better than me”. It appears that the company has made another breakthrough in this technology.
Recall that the first and only smartphone with an on-screen camera in the market is the ZTE Axon 20. This smartphone was released in September 2020. For now, it doesn’t seem like any manufacturer will soon release a smartphone with this technology.
However, a proper assessment of the ZTE Axon 20 front camera shows that it is below par. Thus, if you are a selfie freak, you may not want to purchase the Axon 20. Nevertheless, it prides itself as the only smartphone with an on-screen camera in the market.
According to previous posters, ZTE AXON 30 series is a flagship series. According to the Chinese manufacturer, this device will come with the industry’s most powerful and pioneering imaging functions. ZTE AXON 30 series is at least confirmed to be equipped with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 888 chip. From the reports so far, this device will arrive in the first quarter or first half of this year.
As for the Nubia Red Magic 6 gaming phone, ZTE also shows that it will use an SD888 SoC. The phone will provide a 4500 mAh battery, support 120W fast charging, and use a gallium nitride charger.
ZTE AXON 20 5G specifications
- 6.92-inch (2460 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ OLED 20.5:9 display, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 765G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB
- Android 10 with MiFlavor 10.5
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° Ultra Wide Lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro and 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP under-screen front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.1×77.9×7.98mm; Weight: 198g
- USB Type-C audio, DTS:X Ultra
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4220mAh (typical) / 4120mAh (minimum) battery with 30W fast charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+