We’ll just let the details speak for themselves.
— Xiaomi (@Xiaomi) February 12, 2021
Recall that the Xiaomi Mi 11 has a main sensor with a resolution of 108 megapixels in an optical format of 1/1.33 inches, which received a fast wide-angle lens with an aperture of f/1.85, as well as support for optical image stabilization.
Xiaomi Mi 11 received a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, a 6.81-inch AMOLED display with support for an image refresh rate of 120 Hz. In addition, the smartphone received fast LPDDR 5 RAM and UFS 3.1 flash memory. The phone supports 55W wired and 50W wireless charging, as well as 10W reverse wireless charging. The battery capacity is 4600 mAh. It is also equipped with quality Harman/Kardon stereo speakers.
The Xiaomi Mi 11 proved to be the first mobile phone to allow heart rate measurement through a screen. Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun has officially announced that the Xiaomi Mi 11 smartphone is superior to modern smartwatches in terms of heart rate measurement accuracy.
The Global version of the smartphone was unveiled this week, while Xiaomi launched a massive advertising campaign around the world. Tests have shown that the Xiaomi Mi 11 is a very durable smartphone.
Gizchina News of the week
Xiaomi Mi 11 specifications
- 6.81-inch (3200×1440 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nit (HBM) / 900nit (Typ) brightness, 5000000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, MEMC, 100% DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 128GB; 256GB UFS 3.1 storage; 12GB 3200MHz LPPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.33″ Samsung sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.85 aperture, OIS, LED flash; 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture; 5MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8k at 30fps, 4k 60fps, 960fps at 720p
- 20MP front-facing camera with 0.8μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- In-screen fingerprint sensor with heart rate monitoring, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: 164.3x 74.6 x 8.06mm (glass)/8.56mm (leather); Weight: 196g (glass) / 194g (leather)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x; MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 4600mAh battery with 55W wired QC4+ / QC3+ / PD3.0, 50W wireless fast charging, 10w wireless reverse charging
Xiaomi is the third smartphone brand globally
Xiaomi was the first company to unleash a flagship with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 chipset. The brand revealed the Mi 11 in December alongside MIUI 12.5. Recently, the company has officially announced the new flagship for global markets, alongside the respective version of MIUI made for the global audience. Besides the new software skin and flagship, the company used the opportunity to reveal details about its progress. Despite the ongoing pandemic that ravaged the market last year, the brand managed to become the third-largest smartphone brand in the world.
According to the brand’s report, it is the first smartphone brand in ten markets, which includes India as one of the most notable ones. Moreover, it achieved at least the third position in 36 markets. The Chinese giant also is the fastest-growing brand in the high-end segment with an impressive 3,639% growth year on year in Q3 2020. This includes devices that cost more than $500.