Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, recently released its first-ever foldable smartphone. Today, the company officially announced the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold is “widely” available for presale. Since this device only launched in China, the “widely” here does not include outside China. However, Xiaomi assured users that irrespective of their location in China, this foldable phone will be available for purchase.
According to reports, this foldable smartphone sold out swiftly in its first pre-sale. Presently, JingDong Mall has all the versions of this device in “sufficient quantity”. From today, users can pre-order the [12GB+256GB] and [12GB+512GB] versions. After pre-ordering, buyers will start getting their smartphones from April 18th.
In addition, the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 12GB+256GB version is also open for purchase. Just like the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold, the Mi 11 Ultra also supports the 12-period interest-free timeline. There are also a lot of goodies associated with this sale. One of such is the aramid fiber protective shell + Xiaomi environmental protection bag. Purchase the Xiaomi Mi MIX FOLD today and get an aramid fiber protective shell + Xiaomi environmental protection bag. After activating your mobile phone, you will receive a complimentary MIX FOLD exclusive service.
Now to the pricing, how much will you have to spend to own the Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold? Here is the official price list
- Standard version 12GB + 256GB costs 9999 yuan ($1528)
- 12 + 512GB costs 10999 yuan ($1681)
- Ceramic special edition with Kevlar texture (16GB+512GB) costs 12999 yuan ($1987)
For those who did not follow the official spec’s description for this smartphone, click here. In addition, here is the official specs sheet for the MIX Fold
Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold specifications
- 8.01-inch (2480 x 1860 pixels) Quad HD+ AMOLED HDR10 + display with 60Hz refresh rate, 900 nits (peak) brightness, 600 nits (HBM), MEMC,DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut
- 6.5-inch (2520 x 840 pixels) AMOLED external display with 900 nits (peak) brightness, 650 nits (HBM), Dolby Vision
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 3200MHz RAM with 512GB (Ultra) UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- 108MP rear camera with 1/ 1.52″ Samsung ISOCELL HM2 sensor, f/1.75 aperture, LED flash, liquid lens, 8MP, 80mm equivalent focal length, 3cm minimum focusing distance, 30 x zoom, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, Self-developed Surge C1 ISP, 8K video recording at 30 fps
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Quad speakers 3D panoramic sound system, Dual 1216 speakers, SOUND BY Harman Kardon
- Dimensions: Extended: 173.27x 133.38 x 7.62mm, Folded: 173.27 x 69.8 x 17.2mm; Weight: 317g (Black) / 332g (Ceramic)
- 5G SA/NSA Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax 8 x / MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NFC, USB Type-C
- 5,020mAh double-cell design with 67W wired QC4+ / PD3.0